The Nene Kerretv “Path to Discovery” Trail Challenge is a 16 mile course that adults and children can do in segments. Stop in the office at the Ocmulgee Indian Mounds to get a map and details. Finish the entire 16 miles by June and you’ll get a t-shirt and bragging rights! Build a stronger Middle Georgia! December 21, 2013 National Parks and outdoor recreation are economic engines for their communities. The Ocmulgee Indian Mounds are Middle Georgia’s most popular visitor site!
- $23.3 Billion in consumer spending on outdoor activities in GA
- 231,000 direct jobs in Georgia from outdoor recreation
- $7 Billion in wages and salaries for Georgians
- $14 Billion in state and local tax revenues
- $5.4 Million added to the local economy by Indian Mound visitors